Thorndon Cook is committed to expanding the utilisation of sustainable energy and engineering systems throughout our world. We are passionate about applying our technical knowledge to provide social, economic, and environmental benefits to communities and clients.
We will use our knowledge to sustainably harness energy technology to improve the lives of people globally.
It is our vision to support our clients on their sustainability journey, contributing original thought, analysis and delivery skills. By doing this we will ensure, as well as the richness of the social and physical environment, the continuing prosperity of our own business. Consistent with this, specifically, we will:
- Establish clear accountability for delivering our sustainability strategies
- Seek to lead the industry in health & safety performance
- Actively promote a healthy lifestyle for our employees
- Value diversity
- Develop the skills and creativity of our people
- Engage with our supply chain as partners in our sustainability journey
- Treat our suppliers fairly
- Contribute to the wider community, including investing in skills and developing partnerships
- Listen to our clients to understand how they characterise and measure success
- Offer our clients solutions that confer enhanced environmental and social performance
- Differentiate ourselves through our sustainability performance
- Where appropriate create alliances to deliver more sustainable solutions
- Act in an environmentally responsible manner
- Recognize our opportunity to embed environmental practices within all our service delivery packages.
We strive to create a working environment that encourages professionals to make full use of their talents and abilities. To the greatest extent possible, we seek to minimise adverse environmental impacts of our engineering activities for both present and future generations and make a positive impact on the communities in which we work. We measure and report our progress periodically, sharing best practices and lessons learned with our colleagues.